d20 Modern Conversion: Techie Rework

Back after yet another unscheduled hiatus, here's my attempt at a rework of the Techie advanced class.

Hello again, it sure has been a while. It's been just over 2 months since my last post and I'm really sorry for that. The transition back into university life was more difficult than expected and I just sorta found myself busy all the time. This post isn't really all that refined, but I really just wanted to put something out after all of the radio silence.

Like my Medic rework, I'm pretty happy with this. It probably still needs a little work here and there, but I'm confident the overall structure isn't gonna change much from here on out. When I was looking at my original Techie, I identified three key issues: a lack of options in combat, only having bland crafting-based abilities, and some wonky balance. A couple tweaks to existing abilities and two new additions hope to alleviate the first two issues, and while I didn't do as much balancing as I would have liked, I have made a few tweaks here and there and done a basic comparison of the robot minion against the damage output of a Ranger's animal companion.

The document on GM Binder: Techie Rework

The original Techie is here, if you're interested: Original Techie Post

Again, I'm really sorry for the unplanned break in posting. I'd like to say it's over now, but it seems that my opportunities to work on the blog are gonna be just as constrained over the next couple weeks. I'll try to post when I can, but I'm making no promises. As an apology, I'll let y'all know what my plans are for the next few posts (in no particular order):
  • Vehicles - I'm planning to base this on the "Of Ships and the Sea" Unearthed Arcana
  • Yet another alternative Human, with some variants linked to my previous races.
  • Some general optional rules, like things for radiation and basic crafting mechanics.
  • Monsters - oh yeah, I'm talking aliens, apocalyptic mutants and more.
  • Maybe I'll finally finish up that small magic rules expansion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race