Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

 Hey all! Back briefly following a message over Twitter to present a quick compilation of all the advanced classes together in a single pdf. This should make it a bit easier to browse through them all. The pdf is separated into two parts, indicating which advanced classes I consider "complete" or not.

Here's the content:

GM Binder: Modern Manual Compiled Advanced Classes


I also thought it might be helpful to briefly go over the difference between the "complete" and "incomplete" advanced classes. The complete ones are everything that I published from this post onwards, while the incomplete ones are everything before that. I explain the changes I made a little bit there, but to summarise advanced classes generally got a bit beefier at that point, with more features per level on average. It's also around that time that I tweaked advanced classes to start at 2nd level rather than 3rd. If you plan on using any of the outdated advanced classes, keep this in mind - maybe let the player using them get a feature from another advanced class alongside that level's usual features when they improve their advanced class.

Well that's all for today folks. I'd say "I hope to see you again soon", but this really feels like more of a one-off thing. Uni work has been pretty intense this term, and I don't see it lightening up at all next year. Unfortunately, this means that it's unlikely that I'll return to the blog before I'm finished at university next June. Regardless, I hope all four of you reading this have a wonderful Christmas, or any other holidays you may be celebrating soon!

Comments

  1. I found this project recently, it looks pretty good to me, but why do the subclasses have their own hit dice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ask cuz I'm still used to typical subclasses, not subclasses being their own separate class, or at least that's what it looks like to me.

      Delete
  2. Man you need to look at ultramodern 5 and the spy game for 5e they have a really good take on this and might give you inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Is it possible to have the document in a proper PDF please, as in the GM Binder there are blank pages, content missing or all over the place. We can chat more at vtsitsivos@gmail.com if you prefer. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have begun to convert many of these and others to subclasses in everyday heroes, which is on kickstarter. They are the original people who did d20 modern so these classes fit well with some adjustment for how they do their sub classes. I am only converting the magical, divine, and spionic ones as of now, as most the others can be done in the rule system as it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I'm glad to hear you're making use of my material! Though please note that all my writing is presented under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/), as mentioned in my About page. The terms of this licensing is put in fairly plain language in the link, though if anything is confusing (or too restrictive for what you want to do), email me and I'd be happy to provide any extra info or an exemption to the license for your project if necessary.

      Delete
    2. I have no intent of publishing anything just doing it for my setting and game at home, but thanks for the information

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race