d20 Modern Conversion: Advanced Classes Updates 1 and Slayer Advanced Class

Hey all, I'm back after a bit of an unexpected break in posting with some updates to a handful of advanced classes, plus a new advanced class: the Slayer.
When it comes to the d20 Modern Conversion, I think for a while I'm going to mostly stick to updating the advanced classes I've already made while creating a couple more to round out the options a little for a while. It recently came to my attention that a lotta them feel kinda feeble and some just get way more features than others, so most of them are gonna receive significant buffs and TLC.

My new design philosophy surrounding them is that every level in an advanced class should generally have one feature that applies passively or reactively and one feature that applies actively. The main exception to this rule is the first level gained in an advanced class, which will be more feature-heavy to establish the unique nature of the character early on.

Full changes for the Infiltrator, Mage and Soldier advanced classes are included in the document.

The Slayer advanced class started off as an attempt at converting the d20 Modern Shadow Slayer. I kept changing things and incorporating certain ranger elements until I had a bit of a mess. I resolved myself that the d20 Modern advanced class didn't really fit my idea of a "Slayer", so I changed it into a full advanced class version of the Ranger using subclass features from Xanathar's Guide To Everything's Monster Slayer. For fans of the Shadow Slayer, fear not, a version of that advanced class will appear in a future update under a new guise that I feel better represents the archetype that the class represents.

Additionally, base classes have undergone a minor change, shifting which levels you gain advanced class features on. If you already have a character setup feel free to ignore this change, which will likely have not much impact anyway. I wanted to smooth out the rate at which you gain advanced class features, and get them to the player just a little earlier at 2nd level rather than 3rd.
Here's a document with the changes.

I also have a twitter now, @DillTheHerb where I'll be announcing new posts. Feel free to follow if you want to know as soon as I post something new.

The document on GM Binder: Advanced Classes Updates 1 and Slayer Advanced Class.
And hey, here's a new thing:



While sharing documents over GM Binder with my players, it became obvious that GM Binder's formatting isn't particularly consistent across devices and browsers, so from now on I'm going to be embedding the content documents on the blog as google drive pdfs. It's almost like I'm a real blogger.

Okay, that's all for this time. As I mentioned earlier, posts like these are gonna become pretty common for the near future. I'll try to spice it up a bit tho, and will intersperse more interesting content among them. See you next time!

Comments

  1. This system could have been awesome. Ilmibook says all it needed was better core classes, a vehicles book and a book full of extra classes and prestige classes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race