d20 Modern Conversion: Mutant Race

This week, the next installment of the d20 Modern conversion introduces the second (and probably last) race of the conversion: the Mutant. The Mutant race has a similar structure to the Robot race, allowing some degree of customization to your specific character.
Woah, I'd totally forgotten how much work it was to add images to one of these things. d20 Future/Apocalypse didn't really include a specific mutant race, instead offering them as optional additions to player characters. You could probably do something similar with the mutations included in the race here, but I thought it would be pretty cool to base a race around the idea.

The Mutant race works in a very similar way to the Robot race, with a core set of features common to all of them plus a pool of points that can be used to "purchase" additional features. The main difference is that the Mutant race can also choose to take on negative traits to gain more points to spend - the main idea being that nature is much less organized and goal-oriented, especially when mutations come into play.

Many of the features are inspired by mutations present in d20 Future and d20 Apocalypse, though they certainly needed some adaption to 5E. I'm yet to iron out all of the kinks in them, but it should be fairly good as it is now.

The document on GM Binder: Mutant Race

I'm pretty happy with how the race is now, with over 30 mutations in total. The main issue is that it's made me feel that the Robot race is a little lacking in comparison!

Well that's all for this week. Not totally sure what I'm putting up next week. I'm planning to do rough advanced class mimics of most of the archetypes you can make in standard D&D 5E, but I think I'd rather release them all together (or at least in a few fairly large chunks). I've also been working on some psionic advanced classes, though I'm not totally sure whether I should use the spellcasting system or the talents system seen in the Mystic unearthed arcana. Well whatever happens, there'll sure be something. See ya then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race