d20 Modern Conversion: Explosives, Modifications, Accessories and Special Ammunition

Quite a large update today, fleshing out the equipment rules to include a variety of peripherals to the standard weapons and armour available.


I'm really excited for the update this week, I think a lot of the stuff included is really cool. Explosives can supplement your fighting style or be used to set devious traps! Weapon and armour modifications allow you to really make a weapon yours, and provides a slight alternative to magic items! Accessories and special ammunition can fill roles for niche situations!

The document on GM Binder: Explosives, Modifications, Accessories and Special Ammunition

I'm mildly concerned about a couple things here. First off, I included accuracy and damage modifications, mostly as a replacement for nonmagical campaigns. However, if they were stacked with magical enhancements you could potentially reach +6 on attack and damage rolls with the weapon. I've added a caveat that they cannot be applied to magical weapons, but I still feel kinda sketchy about it. In a similar vein, the laser sight modification provides a situational +1 to attack rolls. This tends to be something 5th Edition avoids, but at the same time I don't want the effect to be particularly powerful. Additionally, when stacked with a fully upgraded weapon, it would give a total of +4 to hit which seems a bit excessive. I'm all ears for any ideas for an accuracy bonus weaker or different to a +1.

When writing this up, I took inspiration from many places, and would particularly like to pay tribute to Dungeonmusings' Gunslinger Class and AeronDrake's Modern Handbook.

Well that's all for this week. Next week I will be releasing the Techie and Field Scientist advanced classes (for real this time), wrapping up my drafts of the core set of advanced classes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race