Tabletop Arcade: Equipment Chapter Draft

Hey all! For today's post, I've got another finished draft chapter for y'all. The equipment chapter includes rules for the various armour and weapons you'll use in-game, plus some rules for tracking wealth and inventory space.

First off in the chapter is the Wealth system. It's pretty much the same system used in Open Legend, but I've added a couple small additions and tweaks. The Inventory system follows and is super simplified.

The weapons system largely adapted from D&D 5e, just with some changes to make it more appropriate to the rest of the game. I'm particularly excited about creating some content for modern setting using these rules. The rules for armour take elements from both Open Legend and 5e, and I'm pretty satisfied with how they came out. I also took inspiration from Runequest in giving heavier armour a penalty to initiative - I think it works particularly nicely here as initiative is not rolled in TA.

Finally there's the miscellaneous gear. As with a lot of the game, I took a simplified route here. The vast majority of the gear you can buy comes in the form of a kit that can potentially serve a variety of functions, rather than a bunch of hyper-specific items like the list of gear in 5e.

Well that's enough rambling, onto the content.

The Document on GM Binder: TA Equipment Chapter Draft



With this chapter done, the skeleton of the game is pretty much all in place. You can fully make a character, outfit them, and run combat encounters with them. From now on, development is more gonna shift gears into putting some meat on those bones - more ability effects and feats, adding some extra detail here and there, and providing ready-to-use content are all priorities.

Okay, some quick programming notes. I'm officially switching to a fortnightly posting schedule. I haven't exactly been struggling with weekly posts all that much, but I'm gonna be starting back at university again pretty soon. I want to get enough stuff prepared now so that I can still be posting regularly once that happens.

I'm also going to be changing the name of the project again sometime soon. Over time, my opinion on "Tabletop Arcade" as a name for this project has just steadily dropped off. It's a fine name, I just don't think it communicates anything about the game very well. I'm not just going to rush into a new name immediately, however. That could end up in another name that I just slowly start disliking again, so I'm going to take things slow. I do have a new name in mind, but I'm going to wait and see if it goes sour on me too before changing over.

Well that's it for this post. Next post should be out on the first weekend of September, and is either going to be another dive into how magic (or other supernatural skills) can be used outside of combat, hopefully including some rules on Rituals, or will be a selection of new ability effects or feats. I hope to see you then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race