Tabletop Arcade: Skills Chapter Draft

Hey everyone! Just a smallish post this week, got the draft chapter on skills in Tabletop Arcade for ya'll.

I've had this draft chapter done for a while, and to be entirely honest I thought I'd already released it. This has been a pretty slow week for making progress on TA, but I'm hoping to have something a bit more interesting for next week's post.

I went over my main intentions for the skill system way back in dev diary #5, and they haven't really changed a whole lot since then. The only main addition here is how learning languages is dealt with. I wanted to fold languages into the skills system to streamline the game somewhat, but having characters make ability checks to use languages sounded absolutely awful. Here, characters improve their languages in the same way as skills, with their associated skill bonus translating to a level of fluency. As it is now, it mostly relies on roleplay to work, and I'm interested to see how well it will work in practice.

The Document on GM Binder: TA Skills Chapter Draft



Well that's all I've got for today. Next week's is probably gonna be the feats chapter draft, but I've also got a couple ideas around the combat system that might make a fun dev diary. Whatever it is, I hope to see you then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race