Group Casting Rules for D&D 5th Edition

This week, the spellcasting expansion continues, with rules for casting a spell as a group.
I always liked the idea of group casting due to the options it opens up for creating iconic and memorable moments. Whether a group of cultists are attempting to summon a powerful demon, a dedicated military mage unit is blasting out powerful fireballs, or you're just trying to pull of that ultimate spirit bomb to take down the final boss, group casting usually creates awesome moments.

I really wanted to have this as an option for my players, especially for the d20 Modern conversion. With spells above 5th level normally not available to characters using the Hero classes, it can feel like you're sacrificing a good chunk of content. However, with group casting those higher-level spells are still available, if a little harder to pull off.

I'm kinda in uncharted territory with these rules, so any feedback is really useful. I will be playtesting them with my players where I can, but it doesn't seem like something that will come up all that often so community thoughts would be really appreciated. As it is now, I'm pretty sure the rules aren't overpowered considering the time and effort required, and hopefully it shouldn't be so difficult that it is just never used. Let me know how y'all get on with it.

The document on GM Binder: Group Casting

There's maybe one more thing I want to add to this spellcasting expansion, and then I'll be refining the rules and releasing them together as a full package. Not sure whether that will coming next week or if it will be more d20 Modern content. Either way, see you then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race