The Eleventh Hour: Last-Ditch Attacks for D&D 5th Edition

This week, an optional rule for 5th Edition allowing characters to make self-sacrificing attacks when in dire straights.

A lone warrior clad in full plate stands against a rushing band of orcs as their allies flee. At peace with their fate, they raise their shield and charge forward.

The trope of last-ditch attacks has always been very interesting to me, having formed a number of my favourite cinematic moments. Whether it's Vegeta's Final Explosion attack in Dragon Ball Z, or Boromir fighting on against the orcs as his body is continually peppered with arrows in Lord of the Rings, a last-ditch effort can form a very emotional and pivotal moment in a narrative. While it is possible to do something similar to this in dungeons and dragons, I've wanted to make a more unique version of this idea for some time.

Inside this document is a variety of last-ditch style moves available to characters. Some have particular restrictions on what type of characters can use them, but most characters should have a couple options to choose from. 

The document on GM Binder: Last-Ditch Attacks

Well that's all for this update. Sorry this was kinda delayed in posting, I don't really have much of an excuse, it's just winter break and I'm kinda lazy 😛. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas, and really make the most of the new year. I'm hoping to get another post up before I'm back at university and studying for my January exams, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race