d20 Modern Conversion: Basic Classes

This week, the d20 Modern conversion progresses with three new classes for D&D 5th Edition: the smart hero, the dedicated hero, and the charismatic hero. Also, some updates to the classes released last week.
Hey all! I'm really excited for the content this week, with all the basic classes now covered. Through the week I also restructured the physical attribute classes a little. After crunching some numbers, I came to the conclusion that the basic classes were a little underpowered compared to the Player's Handbook classes.

All the classes now get an extra attack at 5th Edition. I know I talked a little about avoiding Extra Attack last week, but it really seems to be the simplest solution to making the classes more powerful in combat. I was going to go into class balancing a little more here, but my explanation kinda spiralled outta control a little bot, so I moved it into a separate post.

The document on GM Binder: Basic Classes

Next week's post will either be further refinement of these classes, or I'll start getting down to some of the other content for this conversion, probably additional backgrounds.

Comments

  1. Nice updating of the classes. Little sad to see the talent tree system removed. But good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race