d20 Modern Conversion: Backgrounds Part 1

This week, the next installment of the d20 Modern conversion brings the first half of the backgrounds available.

This update includes 12 full backgrounds, with the base concepts taken directly from the d20 Modern rulebook. The backgrounds (or "Occupations") in d20 Modern were pretty bare-bones, with just a short description and some available skills, so I fleshed them out quite a bit for this document.

The document on GM Binder: Backgrounds Part 1

As I note in the document, these backgrounds generally have more tool proficiencies than those in the Player's Handbook, since the classes in this conversion don't really gain any (excluding the Smart Hero). I think this is kinda appropriate since it reflects a lot of the increased learning opportunities the modern world offers.

Next week's post will finish up the backgrounds, after which I'm either going to start on equipment or advanced classes. I'll also take this moment to say that after about next week, updates are probably going to get a bit smaller or less frequent. This is because I'm sitting my A-Level exams (I think the American equivalent is AP exams) over the next month or so, and I should really be focusing on my studies over this time. I'll still post updates to the conversion when I can, but I'm not promising anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Conversion Advanced Classes Compilation

d20 Modern Conversion: Robot Race